DuroMax XP10000E 10,000 Watt 16 HP OHV 4-Cycle Gas Powered Portable Generator With Wheel Kit And Electric Start
Introducing The Top Value For The Money Portable Generator
I have rated this DuroMax as the #1 top value for the money because it offers you features usually reserved for generators costing double.
You’re getting 8 kW running power (10 kW starting) for an affordable price. You’ll get a large fuel tank to minimize downtime, an electric start (and manual) to make switching your generator on as easy as starting your car and you’re given much more that I’d like to tell you about in this in-depth review.
- Long Run-Time. You’ll easily be able to make it through a full day of work without refueling your generator. Rest easy knowing you won’t be running to the gas station at noon to get more gasoline – this generator keeps going for over 10 hours (at half load). Most generators come with a fuel tank half the size of this 8.3 gallon juggernaut. So, given its large fuel tank, efficient air-cooled engine and low oil shutoff, you’ll never have to worry about your generator or its fuel levels.
- Quiet. This generator has the same sound level as your vacuum cleaner. Not the quietest, but definitely 1 of the better conventional style portable generators. DuroMax has included what they call a “super quiet muffler” with a spark arrestor to keep its sound level down and also its emissions. Because of this, this generator is approved for use in all National Parks across the US except California (or, if you live in CA, you can pay not much more to get CARB Compliant version).
- Easy To Use. Straight out of the box you’ll be impressed by how simple operating and maintaining this generator is. It has an electric start and recoil start for backup. It has never flat tires and a handle kit to make moving it around your home or job site a cinch. It has a voltage selector (RV switch) to allow you the option of simultaneously running 120V and 240V or just full-power 120V.
Features and Benefits of the DuroMax XP10000E Portable Generator
Large Fuel Tank – Duro has fitted this generator with an 8.3 gallon fuel tank capable of keeping the genset going (at half load) for 10 hours or more. With a large fuel tank you can rest easy knowing your generator will provide consistent power for an entire day without needing to be refueled. This is ideal for tradesmen who want to minimize downtime on the job site and for home owners who want piece of mind during the next black out.
Super-Quiet Muffler – The Super-Quiet muffler decreases the sound level of this genset to that of a vacuum cleaner – about 72 dBA. Even quieter would be better, but, if you place the genset a few feet away from your work or play you’ll notice its sound fades into the distance. Your neighbours will not complain and your ears will not explode – win, win!
Electric Start – With the electric start and recoil start backup you’ll always be able to start your generator even if its freezing cold. The electric start makes switching the genset on as easy as starting your car. But, with this convenience comes the inconvenience of maintaining the charge in the starter battery. Sometimes it can be a headache always having to check it for charge… The recoil works well and is worry-free so even if something happens to your electric start you can still get the electricity you need.
Automatic Low Oil Shut Off – When you’re generator is running, you don’t want to be worried about if it will suddenly fail due to low oil. As such, Duro has fitted this with an Auto Low Oil Shut Off to ensure your generator does not continue operating with insufficient oil.
Voltage Selector – You get what is called a RV Switch and it allows you to toggle 120V and 240V or run both simultaneously. You could have your 240V tools hooked in to 1 outlet and your normal appliances hooked up to the 120V (Or, whatever your needs are). Point is, the option is there and that is really good to see.
Automatic Voltage Regulator – Used to ensure a steady voltage supply no matter what is plugged in to the other outlets. Basically, all this means is if you plug in a sump pump to your XP10000E and also plug in your fridge – neither the fridge load or sump pump load will affect the other.
Isolated Motor Mounts – By mounting the motor on supports isolated from the generator frame/cage the engineers have eradicated most of the structure-born vibrational noise. The 72 dBA sound level, as mentioned above, would not be possible without the combination of the isolated motor and the Super-Quiet muffler.
Specifications of the DuroMax XP10000E Portable Generator
Brand Website: www.DuroPower.com
Model: XP10000E (10 kW starting and 8 kW running power)
Fuel Type: Gasoline
Run-Time: 10 hours at half load
Fuel Tank Size: 8.3 gallons
Fuel Gauge: Yes (located on top of generator fuel tank)
Watts: 10 kW starting and 8 kW running power
Alternator: Conventional (copper winding)
Frequency: 60 hertz
Sound Level: 72 dbA (same as a vacuum cleaner)
Outlets: (1) 12V DC 10A, (2) 120V AC 20 Amp standard household plug, (1) 120V AC 30 Amp twist lock (NEMA L5-30 2 Pole 3 Wire), (1) 120V/240V 30 Amp twist lock (NEMA L14-30 3 Pole 4 Wire) and (1) 120V/240V 50 Amp heavy duty outlet (NEMA 14-50 3 Pole 4 Wire).
Starter: Electric and recoil option
Size: 420 cc (16 HP)
Oil Level Alarm: Yes
Dimensions: 40″ Length x 29″ Width x 27.5″ Height (w/ wheels and handle)
Weight: 249 Pounds
Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
Reasons To Buy
5 Reasons to Buy the DuroMax XP10000E Generator
1) It’s Excellent Value For The Money
When you buy this genset you buy one that is decked-out with features usually reserved for professional generators. It has an electric start, large fuel tank, OHV engine, low noise levels, state-of-the-art engine protection systems, voltage selector and regulator.
2) It Has a Large Fuel Tank To Minimize Downtime
Unless you enjoy frequent bouts of downtime to refill your geny with fuel, you’ll require 1 with a large fuel tank (7+ gallons). Thankfully, Duro has recognized this need and fitted the XP10000E with an 8.3 gallon tank capable of providing 4 kW of power for more than 10 hours.
3) It’s Quiet For Its Size (Vacuum Cleaner Sound Level)
Two things contribute to the lower than average conventional generator sound level: (1) the Super-Quiet muffler and (2) the isolated motor mounting. Since a muffler just cancels out engine noise by bouncing the sound waves around in the specially designed muffler tubes, chambers etc. all the Super-Quiet 1 is is one designed specifically for the loudest sound wave frequencies produced by the generator. Add to that the isolated motor mounts, which drastically reduce structure-born vibrational noise, and you have a decently silent genset.
4) You Can Get It CARB Approved If You Want (California Residents)
If you live in California you need to get a generator that is CARB (California Air Resources Board) approved. Duro has made a version that is CARB compliant. It costs about more than the other, but, if you’re a CA resident you have no choice.
5) It’s Rated 4.5 / 5 on Amazon.com By More Than 40 Happy Customers
People love this generator. They love how affordable it is, how much power they get, how easy it is to get 240V or 120V, how easy it is to use and setup, how easy it is to get warranty money and how brilliant it was at saving their homes from natural disaster (kept sump pumps going). So if all this sounds good you should carry on to the comparison to see what the Duro generators have to offer:
Take a Look At Some Other Duro Portable Generators
If 10 kW of starting power and 8 kW of running power is far too much for your needs… no worries, my friend. Duro also offers you DuroMax and DuroMax Elite portable generators in several different power categories.
All these generators are portable conventional generators powered by gasoline.